By Fahmeena Odetta Moore.
Course start date: 12/5/2016. Course to finish on 01/29/2017.





Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Making progress with assignment

Finally, internet connectivity went back to normal in the lab. (My personal blog has a post on this.)
Maybe the staff here were working on an upgrade or some other "thing." When I arrived, I found the Cabana Beach website up and open on all computers.

The assignment this week:

For this assignment, be sure to:
* Compare and contrast micro and macro enterprises and provide examples of each being careful to define all terms.
* Evaluate how leaders of macro enterprises manage a diverse workforce of micro enterprises that specialize in the decision-support systems.
* Examine and assess the characteristics of small business, which are used as measures in the selection process that aimed to focus on best practices used for developing decision support systems.

When I started, I recalled micro enterprises from economics, but did not know much about management of these firms by macro or larger enterprises/companies. I spent a lot of time looking for articles and thinking about when & how macro enterprises would manage the micro enterprises. Some of what I came up with - when a macro enterprise acquires smaller companies (area: mergers & acquisitions), when there is some alliance or partnership etc. I found general articles on the topic - not articles specifically on decision support systems. I will read what I have and search some more later. This is a tricky assignment.


No comments:

Post a Comment